b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Gen. 2:16-17 :: idiom or clumsy lie

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: davidfentonism AT aim.com
  • Cc: b-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Gen. 2:16-17 :: idiom or clumsy lie
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 00:02:22 -0500

Life was created once for all time and is designed to perpetuate itself. So as a new generation rises the previous generation must recede. It goes both ways: procreation is needed because death is part of life, and death is inevitable because the power of procreation is an essential part of life.
Isaac Fried