b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 45, Issue 35

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Vadim Cherny" <VadimCherny AT mail.ru>
  • To: <jvass AT indiana.edu>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 45, Issue 35
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:09:19 +0300

Hmmm, in mathematics we don't call 40% "irregular," but admit an absense of
correlation.
I discuss at http://vadimcherny.org/hebrew/affix_hey_direction.htm and
http://vadimcherny.org/hebrew/affixes.htm the most common difference
between -ot and -im.
-im relates countable, -ot - uncountable plurality. There is no particular
reason for noun and adjective, or both members of constructus to have the
same concept of plurality.

Vadim Cherny