b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] PS Re: Daniel 11:22

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] PS Re: Daniel 11:22
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 05:44:59 -0500

Dear Shoshanna,

Why Isaiah 61:1? This is about Isaiah

HH: That seems plausible, but this is the same person as the royal servant in Isaiah 42 and 49. Compare these passages:

Is. 61:1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,

Is. 42:7 to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

Is. 49:9 to say to the captives, ‘Come out,’ and to those in darkness, ‘Be free!’ “They will feed beside the roads and find pasture on every barren hill.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard