b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] psalm 22:9 and 15 as heap

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] psalm 22:9 and 15 as heap
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:32:01 -0700

Kenneth:

I agree with you on this complaint.

I suspect that lexicographers want ot give a confident impression in their
works, but there are words where we don't have the vaguest idea what they
mean. The definitions that come from somewhere just don't fit the contexts.

When I wrote my dictionary, which I wrote for my own use (I keep forgetting
the meanings of words), I added question marks wherever I was not sure of
the meanings.

Karl W. Randolph.