b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 8:22

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 8:22
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 14:01:18 -0500

Karl Randolph wrote:

This is the last response I will give on this, unless you can come up with good, linguistic evidence.

HH: I gave you the evidence from the Dictionary of Classical Hebrew. If you choose to ignore it, that is your decision.

The only reason that MW(D came up for discussion is because of its use in Genesis 1:14 where you insist that it means "season" as in summer, fall, etc. based on your reading of Genesis 8:22 which you claim is a resumption of the seasonal system that existed prior to the flood.

HH: I entered this discussion by responding to David Washburn's suggestion for the interpretation of Gen 8:22 and giving the the classical understanding. From there discussion moved to Psalm 104, where MW(D occurs.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard