b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] nothing to do with Hebrew, but...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Herman Meester" <crazymulgogi AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] nothing to do with Hebrew, but...
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:27:43 +0100

I couldn't resist sending you the "statement of the year." - as far as
I'm concerned. Nothing to do with Hebrew, so I won't do this again.

In a Cambridge (UK) museum, a man fell over his own shoelace, hit a
17th century Ming-dynasty vase, which hit two others of the kind -
three vases smashed to pieces, worth about 200 000 euros.

However, the director of the Museum doesn't want to think of any
financial claims yet. After all, nothing's been stolen from the
museum.
I quote him (on the TV):

"As far as we are concerned, we still háve the vases - they're just
not intact at this point."

  • [b-hebrew] nothing to do with Hebrew, but..., Herman Meester, 03/09/2006