b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Use of Qahal in Qumran Scrolls

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Herman Meester <crazymulgogi AT gmail.com>
  • To: Ken Penner <ken.penner AT acadiau.ca>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Use of Qahal in Qumran Scrolls
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:34:53 +0100

Hi Ken,
Idiosyncracy is not an argument pro or against anything; Newton,
Galilei, Chomsky, Sokrates, Jesus, Copernicus, I guess Einstein too,
Lachmann (leading to the 'discovery' of "Q") and quite a lot of
others, had, strictly speaking, idiosyncratic ideas but did cause a
paradigm shift or breakthrough. The Jerusalem hypothesis is very
convincing. Golb put an entire list of strong arguments in his book.
The number of scholars that support a certain theory, too, as they
wanted me to remember well in philosophy class, doesn't mean anything
either. The first scholar that suggested microbes exist was laughed at
by his fellow doctors.