b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 68

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Herman Meester <crazymulgogi AT gmail.com>
  • To: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 68
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:24:49 +0100

Textcritically speaking, what is the lectio difficilior? I guess the
reading with the "deserts". Making it "potior". The Ugaritic parallel
is nice, but just because Ugaritic exists, and was discovered not long
ago, we don't have to let it decide our MT as if this archeological
treasure represents by definition more authentic material. I totally
agree with Uri, we are dealing with poetry, and a lot is possible in
poetry. Why, and by whom, would the conjectural "Ugaritic" reading,
supposed it is authentic, be changed into our present MT reading?
Unnecessary conjecture.
Herman