b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] KTWR in 1 Chronicles 17:17

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] KTWR in 1 Chronicles 17:17
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:31:23 -0500

In reading through 1 Chronicles I noticed that KTWR is
listed as being from the root TWR with a prefixed K-
referring to a man's turn in life, or something like that.
However, I wonder if it is from the root meaning to make a
circle, referring to the cycle of life? If so, it would be
a happax legomai for this term. Any thoughts?

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm