b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the Torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brian Roberts <formoria AT carolina.rr.com>
  • To: Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the Torah
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:46:01 -0400

On Friday, July 29, 2005, at 03:13 PM, Dave Washburn wrote:

On Friday 29 July 2005 13:04, Heard, Christopher wrote:
On Jul 29, 2005, at 11:30 AM, Sujata wrote:
Outside the Torah, it is referred to as Torah Moshe in
1 Kings 2:3, Neh 8:1, 2 Chr 25:4, etc.

What is the evidence to show that these references are to the canonical
Torah?

What alternative interpretation can you offer?

I would also want to know which canon is being referred to here? The universal elements shared by all canons? Or are talking about LXX versus Masoretic again? Or the Christian OT?

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur