b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Number of words in Israeli Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: FPutnam AT biblical.edu
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Number of words in Israeli Hebrew
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:06:35 -0400

Based on "The Megiddo Modern Dictionary", my paperback Bantam-Megiddo
"Hebrew & English Dictionary", by Sivan & Levenston (1975), has 46,000
entries, and claims to be "the most up-to-date and comprehensive
one-volume English/Hebrew, Hebrew/English Eictionary available anywhere in
the world".

Peace.

Fred

Frederic Clarke Putnam, Ph.D.