b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Expository discourse profile

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ken Penner" <pennerkm AT mcmaster.ca>
  • To: "'B. M. Rocine'" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>, "'B-Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Expository discourse profile
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:40:39 -0400

I'm dredging up an old message from the archives, wondering if there is a
published source for some of the ideas Bryan outlined below about
differentiating genres based on the parameters of consecutivity, projection,
and agent orientation (or any other formal system for differentiating
genres).

I am wondering what the genre with the features -C -P +AO would look like?
Psalms, perhaps? 1QHa?
What about +C +P -AO? Casuistry? (a combination of instructional and
procedural discourse)? 11QT?

Ken Penner, Ph.D. cand., McMaster University
pennerkm AT mcmaster.ca
Flash! Pro vocabulary software: http://s91279732.onlinehome.us/flash or