b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] On the subject of the Assyrians.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] On the subject of the Assyrians.
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:26:30 -0000

I want to thank you for your input, and especially from the Sanskrit
scholar. It would be too much of a digression to post a reply on this
subject as much as I would like to. But I must say that I also found it a
bit "Stretching" to draw connections on these words. However there is
deffinatley some worthwhile link between Germanic tribes and the Assyrians
as recorded by many a roman historian, for example the 'Chatti' were of
Assyrian stock who were migrating North accross Rome's northern frontier and
were later classed as Germanic by many a historian. But this is just one
reference of many.

I was actually looking things up concerning the genaologies in genesis when
i stumbled accross this information in relation to the Assyrian empire -

thanks for your help.
Chris

  • [b-hebrew] On the subject of the Assyrians., wattswestmaas, 02/22/2005