b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] CD-ROM aid for grammatical drilling?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Søren Holst <sh AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] CD-ROM aid for grammatical drilling?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:40:19 +0100

Sorry if this subject has been thrashed to death recently, I've ben off-list
for several months -- if so, just tell me to go look at the archives and not
waste your time.

Question:
Students keep asking for recommendation of "a CD-ROM that will help me
practice Hebrew grammar and vocabulary". Does anyone have recommendations,
possibly even links to some non-partisan comparative reviews?

I'm aware of Ken Penner's downloadable Flash! system (at
http://s91279732.onlinehome.us/flash/index.html), and I keep telling students
to check it out (I assume Ken is reading this :-) ...), but some of them seem
to very much want a CD in a nice package, whatever the reason may be.
Suggestions anyone?

kol tuv
Soren, Copenhagen