b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Syntax of Jeremiah 15:12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Syntax of Jeremiah 15:12
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 03:41:36 +0000

Hey the NET makes some interesting observation, when it notes that maybe
bronze and iron are allegorical images pointing to unrepented sinners.

They use Jer 6:28 where sinners are compared to bronze and iron.

"They are bronze and iron, they act corruptly."

So maybe in 15:12 bronze and iron are still representing unrepented sinners.

Can (those who are like) iron and bronze break iron from the north?

Or less wordy, can iron and bronze break iron from the north ?