b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Syntax of Jeremiah 15:12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "C. Stirling Bartholomew" <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Syntax of Jeremiah 15:12
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:00:23 -0800

On 1/4/05 8:15 AM, "Heard, Christopher" <Christopher.Heard AT pepperdine.edu>
wrote:

> at this point I am just confused ...

Christopher,

The passage is confusing. What happens if we drop the second brzl following
the LXX -- not following the LXX all the way but just to omit the second
brzl. Note the second $rytyK in 15:11 which the LXX omits. Before someone
jumps to the conclusion I am using this as **evidence** for dropping the
second brzl in 15:12 let me assure you I am not doing this, just asking you
to notice it.

I am not sure the omission of the second brzl suggests any attractive
alternatives, but if we want to explore all the options ...

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew