b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] anti-prophet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] anti-prophet
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:06:30 -0500

Any “anti-prophet” movement would have had to have been post about 400 BC
when the last of the Tanakh was written. There is nothing in Tanakh that in
anti-prophet per se, rather plenty that is anti-false-prophet.

I haven’t studied the post Tanakh works, is there anything in those works
that would have been construed as “anti-prophet”?

Karl W. Randolph.