b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A question on the Hebrew text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Raymond Regalado <fwgk5942 AT mb.infoweb.ne.jp>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A question on the Hebrew text
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:53:49 +0100

On 25/10/2004 11:46, Raymond Regalado wrote:

Thanks all, for the responses, both on and off-list. I do recall reading somewhere that for Greek Orthodox Christians, "the" Bible is the Septuagint (with Apocrypha) and the Byzantine Greek texts of the New Testament. In other words, Greek Orthodox Christians do not use the MT. Am I correct on this one? Pardon me if this is off-topic.

I think you are right. That is why I limited my remarks to Protestant Christians.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)