b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] A question on the Hebrew text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Raymond Regalado <fwgk5942 AT mb.infoweb.ne.jp>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] A question on the Hebrew text
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:07:01 +0900

Dear List,

I am a novice learner of biblical Hebrew, and I just wanted to ask a question about the Hebrew text. To my knowledge, the text most commonly used in Protestant Christian circles is the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS) published by the United Bible Societies. I wonder which text is "standard" among the Jews themselves, or among Israeli scholars. For instance, which text is "Israel's best Bible reader" reading in this set of CD's: http://www.solomonstreasurechest.com/HebrewBible.html ?

Thanks,

Raymond Regalado
Tokyo, Japan