b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] heart, soul, mind, strength

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] heart, soul, mind, strength
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 17:47:51 -0500

Peter:

We also can‘t leave out the fact that the quote is translated from the
original statement by Jesus, and different trnaslators often disagree on
which is the best way to translate a passage. But the general meaning is
consistant.

Then I understand that it was often a practice that people did not directly
quote passages, rather often cited them by mentioning the main ideas stated
in the passages. That would also lead to variations (not much different from
our ”...as in XXXX Y:YY“).

Karl W. Randolph.