b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 12:33 (was Hebrew calendar)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 12:33 (was Hebrew calendar)
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:05:57 +0100

On 31/08/2006 10:19, George F. Somsel wrote:

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:49:51 -0700 (PDT) Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
writes:

sorry about the misunderstanding: I have not reacted to your comments, but specifically to the inaccurate translation of the discussed biblical phrase. The words "He Alone"-- or any equivalent --are simply not found in the Hebrew original, and not required for clarity or comprhension in English.

I'd be curious to hear your, or anyones, comment on this.

URI