b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Rohl's Chronology Deconstructed

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Banyai AT t-online.de (Michael Banyai)
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Rohl's Chronology Deconstructed
  • Date: 28 Jul 2004 06:26 GMT

Marianne Luban wrote:

> There is an entire mailing list devoted to Rohl and his theories. I once
> joined it and got tremendous flack for making too many "points" against
> him.
> The opposition I received was virulent and hardly reasoned. It was like
> "This
> is a list of Rohl fans and we don't want your arguments." When my points
> were
> too sensible, the moderator, who apparently worshipped Rohl (a woman)
> simply
> did not allow them through. So I quit. And I am not the only person who
> had
> this experience. And that, sir, is the other side of the coin of
> intolerance.

Made the same experience on that list. After a number of critical questions,
they simply closed me out of the list. While it may seem interesting to
identify the good points in Rohl´s chronology, one might try this only by
eliminating the many problems he creates.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael
Stuttgart