b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] WHYH--Beginning Marker or Ending Marker?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Medina, Vincent" <VMedina AT cbcag.edu>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] WHYH--Beginning Marker or Ending Marker?
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:38:16 -0500

I have been looking at Isaiah 29:5-6 and trying to decide whether 5c
which begins with WHYH should be read with v. 5 as the third line of a
tri-colon or with v. 6 as the first line of a quatrain. It seems to me
that WHYH is more likely to mark the beginning of a unit than the end of
one. Would y'all mind regaling me with the benefits of your scholarly
wisdom on this very minor matter?

Vince Medina

Associate Professor
Central Bible College