b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Babylonian vocalization

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Bearpecs AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Babylonian vocalization
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 15:56:42 -0700

On 25/04/2004 09:51, Bearpecs AT aol.com wrote:

Could someone point me to a good source on the web for information (including orthography) related to the Babylonian system of vocalizing Biblical Hebrew (in contrast to the Tiberian and Palestinian systems).
If there are books in English, I'm happy to hear about those too. (I know about Yeiven's book, but as far as I know it's only in Hebrew.)
Thanks!
Hayyim

From a contact:

A good overview is Aron Dotan's article, "Masorah" in the 1971
Encyclopaedia Judaica. He has columns
on all the pointing systems.
I don't think there are any online refs
now.