b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Understanding BHS text! (apologies for the cross-posting)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: CS Bartholomew <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Understanding BHS text! (apologies for the cross-posting)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:09:30 -0800

On 12/16/03 10:17 PM, "Yousaf Sadiq" <nbtp AT kastanet.org> wrote:

> All of those translations are pre-critical.

What translations are pre-critical?

Are you talking about very old translations and into what language?

Text critical issues in BHS don't account for a significant portion the
differences in translations. Sounds to me like you might be barking up the
wrong tree but since I don't know what tree that is perhaps you could just
tell us what this is all about.

Found your explanation a little cryptic.

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew