b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Proverbs 30:19 (LMH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Proverbs 30:19 (LMH
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:53:22 -0500

Peter:

The problem I have with the traditional translation is that I don’t
understand it.

Oh I understand the lexemes and the sentence structure, but the idea doesn’t
make sense. Furthermore, the parallelism gives the actor, then his way in an
inanimate milieu for the first three, whereas what is his way in a virgin?
But “into the unknown” fits the parallelism, makes linguistic, logical and
psychological sense, and I understand it. ;-)

Karl W. Randolph.