b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Consecutive waw in Lev .22:7 ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Trevor Peterson <06PETERSON AT cua.edu>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Consecutive waw in Lev .22:7 ?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:56:44 -0400

>===== Original Message From furuli AT online.no =====
>Dear Trevor,
>
>With all due respect, I beg to disagree with your words regarding
>the "converted perfect ...that covers the same basic range as the
>imperfect".

I know you disagree, but I'm not going to argue the issue with you. Until you
persuade the world of BH scholarship that your view is correct, I'm afraid
we're going to have conflicting analyses. In the meantime, people who ask
questions such as the one that began this thread will still need
straightforward answers. Perhaps the approach that formed the context of the
question does not satisfy you, but in this particular instance, there was an
obvious and straightforward resolution to the problem that did not require a
paradigm shift. I happen to think that such an answer is probably more
helpful, given the nature of the inquiry. If you have a better answer to the
original question, you might offer it.

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics