b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Homonyms

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: c stirling bartholomew <cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Homonyms
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:22:58 -0700

on 5/30/03 9:02 AM, Kirk Lowery wrote:

> If you are adding lemmas to a database (as
> we do here), then there is the question of spelling ...

Kirk,

When building your tagged Hebrew texts what do you do with a medial nun in
the final position? Do you put it in your database as a final? I know this
isn't a common thing, perhaps a few instances in the DSS. The question came
up in a dispute between F.M. Cross - E.Eschel and A. Yardeni over reading
the last word of line 8 of an ostracon from Qumran. I will bring that up in
a different thread.

thanks for your clarifications about K&B,

greetings, Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point