b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] GENESIS 6:6 - WHY GOD REPENTED FOR THE CREATION OF MAN (spyropoulos constandinos)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jhronline AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] GENESIS 6:6 - WHY GOD REPENTED FOR THE CREATION OF MAN (spyropoulos constandinos)
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:22:44 -0800 (PST)

Please refer to http://www.ibiblio.org/bhebrew for the
transcription/transliteration scheme generally used on
this mailing list. Many of the list subscribers
receive non-Rich ASCII e-mails, which do not support
Hebrew characters in any manner (since I'm composing
in an ASCII-only program, your characters should show
up for you as they do for me). If you want your Hebrew
references to be understood, try to transfer them into
the transliteration scheme. It keeps us all on the
same page. ;-) (no offense)

My reply:
Because of its wide usefulness, I prefer to use Hebrew
unicode and the (free!) Hebrew fontboard. It works
well for me and for what I do. You can use vowel
points, daghesh, etc. if you compose with a specific
charset tag in HTML. For an example of Unicode's
usefulness, see the Tanakh provided by Mechon Mamre:

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/i/t/t0.htm

Regards from the US - and blessings in Greece,
Jason

My website (until I get a domain name):
http://www.geocities.com/jhronline/

http://sbc.yahoo.com