b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Genesis Apocryphon/1Q20 fragments

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Søren Holst <sh AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: 'b-hebrew' <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Genesis Apocryphon/1Q20 fragments
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:58:41 +0100

Ken Penner wrote:

> A preliminary placement and reading of these fragments was presented by
> Michael O. Wise and Bruce Zuckerman in an unpublished SBL paper in 1991,
> "Toward a New Edition of the 1Q20 Fragments."

thanks a lot for sorting that out!

thanks equally to Stephen Goranson who supplied the following links:

article on minor apGen fragments in the Schøyen collection:
http://cal1.cn.huc.edu/newsletter/lundberg.html

picture of same:
http://www.nb.no/baser/schoyen/5/5.9/

kol tuv
Soren
From: "spyropoulos constandinos" <spyrcon AT otenet.gr>
To: <b-greek AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:58:08 -0800
Subject: [b-hebrew]
GENESIS 6:6 - WHY GOD REPENTED FOR THE CREATION OF THE MAN?

Greetings to all of you from Athens, Greece

GENESIS 6:6 - WHY GOD REPENTED FOR THE CREATION OF THE MAN? What's the deep
meaning of this verse nowadays?

יֵשׁ תָּמִיד שׁוֹמֵר יִשְׂרָאֵל

Kαί μετενόησεν ὁ Θεός διότι
ἐδημιούργησεν (ἐποίησεν, ἔκαμεν) τόν
ἄνθρωπον ἐπί τῆς γῆς και ἐλυπήθη -από
τά βάθη- τῆς καρδίας του (Γεν. στ’ 6).

וַיִּנָּחֶם יְהוָה כּ־עָשָׂה אֶת־הָאָדָם
בָּאָרֶץ וַיִּתְעַצֵּב אֶל־לִבּוֹ
(בראשית ו' 6).

And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved
him at his heart (Gen. 6:6).

L'Éternel se repentit d'avoir fait l'homme sur la terre, et il fut affligé
en son coeur (Gen. 6:6).

Kαί μετενόησεν ὁ Θεός διότι
ἐδημιούργησεν (ἐποίησεν, ἔκαμεν) τόν
ἄνθρωπον ἐπί τῆς γῆς και ἐλυπήθη - από
τά βάθη - τῆς καρδίας του (Γεν. στ’ 6).

If you use Word 2000 or XP and MS Windows 2000 professional or XP or 98 –
Hebrew enabled, you can type easily both accented and unaccented Hebrew and
non polytonic and polytonic Greek as well. Click on the Start button. Select
Settings Control Panel. Double-click on the Keyboard icon. In the window that
opens, choose the Language tab. Click the Add button and select the keyboard
layout for Hebrew, Greek and Greek Polytonic. Finally for better and easier
typing use the ON SCREEN KEYBOARD command (start, programs, Accessories,
Accessibility, ON SCREEN KEYBOARD). Use PALATINO LINOTYPE, ARIAL UNICODE MS,
TIMES NEW ROMAN and other fonts. The Hebrew and Greek text above and below is
typed in that way, using the TIMES NEW ROMAN FONT for Hebrew and the PALATINO
LINOTYPE for Greek (Greek Polytonic and Accented Hebrew).

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed
be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our
debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine
is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. (Ματ.
στ΄ 9 -13).

לָכֵן כָּ הִתְּפַּלְּלוּ אַתֶּם: אָבִינ
וּ שֶׁבַּשָּׁמַיִם, יִתְקַּדֵשׁ שִׁמְ,
תָּבוֹא מַלְכוּתְ, יֵעַשֶׂה רְצוֹנְ
כְּבַשָּׁמַיִם כֵּן בָּאָרֶץ (וּבָאָרֶץ).
אֶת הַלֶּחֶם חֻקּנּוּ תֵּן לָנוּ הַיּוֹם
וּסְלַח לָנוּ עַל חֲטָאֵינוּ כְּמוֹ
שֶׁסּוֹלְחִים גַּם אֲנַחְנוּ לַחוֹטְאִים
לָנוּ. וְאַל תְּבִיאֵנוּ לִידֵי נִסָיוֹן
כִּי חַלְּצֵנוּ מִן הָרָע. (כִּי לְ
הַמַּמְלָכָה וְהַגְּבוּרָה
וְהַתִּפְאֶרֶת לְעוּלְמֵי הָעוֹלָמִים.
אָמֵן (מתי ו״ 9 - 13).

Con
Athens, Greece
Spyrcon AT otenet.gr

  • [b-hebrew] Genesis Apocryphon/1Q20 fragments, Søren Holst, 03/21/2003