b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] [b-hebrew nefarious nefesh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] [b-hebrew nefarious nefesh
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:50:13 -0500

Hi Kurt,
Right, I agree with you about the demons, they need a body.
But it does indicate a separation of body and spirit which
does not exist in the OT. I was thinking of the
preamble to the gospel of John. I also find it in the Wisdom of
Solomon. Dave mentioned Paul, but I don't know what he refers
to, unless the poem in Phil.
God as Logos implies a god without a physical body. This is also
in Philo. Philo refers to the Logos as the first son of God, Theou.
Liz