b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Emendations, was: Deut 32:5 SHiCHeT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk AT ozemail.com.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Emendations, was: Deut 32:5 SHiCHeT
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:27:59 +1100

Ah, George, it makes a change for me to argue for following tradition
and you to argue against! But my point was not that we should follow
older commentators' and translators' wild guesses, but that we should
follow their interpretations when they seem to have made sense of the
text we have.

Peter Kirk
peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com
http://web.onetel.net.uk/~peterkirk/