b-hebrew - Re: Word

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <Yigal-Levin AT utc.edu>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Word
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:31:58 -0500

Hi Anne,

The usual translation of Logos in this context is "dbr" (Davar). You have
to remember, however, that there IS NO "authorized" or "traditional" Hebrew
translation of the NT.

Yigal

At 09:58 PM 12/11/2002 -0500, Anne Frost wrote:
>I would like to find out how the Greek Logos is written/ spelled in
>Hebrew, but have been unable to do so. Finding a Bible that translates
>John 1:1 (In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and
>the Word was God) is easy enough to do, but I don't read Hebrew, and can't
>pick out which word is the "Word". Can anyone out there help?
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [Yigal-Levin AT utc.edu]
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Dr. Yigal Levin
Dept. of Philosophy and Religion
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga TN 37403-2598
U.S.A.

  • Word, Anne Frost, 12/11/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Word, Polycarp66, 12/12/2002
    • Re: Word, Yigal Levin, 12/12/2002
    • Re: Word, Vincent Medina, 12/12/2002
    • Re: Word, Chosefu Chemorion, 12/13/2002