b-hebrew - Re: Fonts.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_R_Kirk AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fonts.
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:06:51 +1000

The major advantage of the SIL fonts is that they follow the
international Unicode standard for representation of biblical Hebrew. So
they can be used to display text from the Internet etc and for preparing
text used by others, and for multilingual text. By contrast, fonts like
Hebraica can be used only with text specially prepared for that font and
by people who have that font.

Peter Kirk

[peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to leave-b-hebrew-
> 149219L AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

  • Re: Fonts., Peter Kirk, 10/02/2002