b-hebrew - presuffixal nun

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "S. L." <lyosovs AT cityline.ru>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: presuffixal nun
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 01:11:22 +0400

Dear all!

Can anybody please tell me if Tamar Zewi (I have neither her e-mail address nor her AOAT book) confirmed in her "Syntactical Study of Verbal Forms Affixed by –n(n) Endings in Classical Arabic, Biblical Hebrew, El-Amarna Akkadian and Ugaritic" (1999) the notion of BH "long" prefixed conjugation normally (or always?) used with nun before an appropriate object suffix (-[n]nu)  and of "short" prefixed forms (both jussive and preterite) normally used without nun (-hu)?

Do you know of more recent contributions to this subject?

Thank you much,

Serge Lyosov

  • presuffixal nun, S. L., 10/02/2002