b-hebrew - Re: Pronunciation and Genesis 2:7 - an apology

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Shai Heijmans" <shaih AT post.tau.ac.il>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Pronunciation and Genesis 2:7 - an apology
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 01:11:14 +0300

Hi,

I was wrong. You and Levina de Ruijter were right. There is a meteg, and the shwa is of course mobile.

Despite what I wrote about using good manuscripts, I did the foolish mistake of looking that word up in the Koren bible, which shows no meteg. Here's a lesson I won't forget...

My apologies.

Shai Heijmans
Tel Aviv University