b-hebrew - Constituent Order Zech 13:1-2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: c stirling bartholomew <cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Constituent Order Zech 13:1-2
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 11:48:48 -0700

Been doing a little reading in the book reviews written by A. Niccacci.
Waiting for the library to ILL his "Syntax" so I can read it. Meanwhile, I
am still working in Zechariah, and noted the inversion of constituent order
at the beginning of Zech 13:2.

Zech. 13:1 bayyom hahu¹ yihyeh
Zech. 13:2 wehaya vayyom hahu¹

This is not a narrative.
hyh is not a typical verb.

So what are we to make of this inversion of constituent order?

Thanks,

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew