b-hebrew - Re: TOHU in Isaiah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Burks <rwburks AT flash.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: TOHU in Isaiah
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 18:59:11 -0600

Jason,

I will not pursume to speak for Liz, however I believe her reference was to
Isa. 45:18

"For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed
the earth
and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it
to be
inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else." (KJV)

The word in the passage for vain is tohu

Bill Burks