b-hebrew - RE: Hand Held Electronic Dictionary

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tony Prete <tonyprete AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Hand Held Electronic Dictionary
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 13:49:05 -0500

At 11:44 AM 1/3/2002, you wrote:
The Langenscheidt pocket Hebrew dictionary contains all the words you need
for b-hebrew and costs more like $10 than $210. Not electronic, but with
practice you can find a word quicker with a paper dictionary! The main
drawback is that it is Hebrew to English only

I have one of these, and find it very useful--especially when I don't want to lug around my BDB, since the Langenscheid Pocket Hebrew Dictionary is 4x6x1 inches (metric: 10x15x3). List Price is $ 12.95; ISBN is 0887290825. But check out BestBookBuys for competitive prices:

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/books/compare/isbn/0887290825

For a list of 50 Hebrew dictionaries--some of which have other languages as well--go to this website:

<http://www.exclusivetvlnet.com/bookstore/reference/hebrew8.htm>

Anthony Prete
Haddonfield, NJ USA

Masters Candidate