b-hebrew - Re: Easiest Book and other questions

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk (Ben Crick)
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Easiest Book and other questions
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 23:14:07 +0000

On Tue 1 Jan 2002 (19:48:56), pete_and_hebrew AT yahoo.com wrote:
> Could you recommend
> the easier books in Hebrew Bible? Since I most likely
> will never master the langauge, I want to pick a
> couple of books and study them well. Just a thought.

Pete:

I found that the story of Elijah was quite exciting to read, and not too
difficult to construe. Try 1 Kings 17 thru 19 for starters. Then try Joshua
chapters 1 thru 11.

Prose is "easier" than poetry. But you'll find time spent unravelling
some of the Psalms very rewarding.

1 Samuel is rather difficult to tackle on your own. So is Job, but for
different reasons. Leave them for later.

Shalom
Ben
<ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk>
http://www.cnetwork.co.uk/crick.htm