b-hebrew - further to Psalm 104:34a

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ian goldsmith <iangoldsmith1969 AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: further to Psalm 104:34a
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:31:24 +0100 (BST)

Further to my previous e-mail regarding this Psalm.
If 'yerev' is to mean 'sweet'- being drawn from 'yar'?
Why does it end with the 'bet'?
There is a prefix/suffix issue with this word that I'm
having some difficulty finding any material on. Any
help with the grammar would be much appreciated.
The KJV gives the rendering 'sweet', and if it is
indeed drawn from honeycomb,as Gesenius suggests, then
I rather like the image, but can someone please
clarify the suffix for me.
Many thanks.
Ian.