b-hebrew - Re: FW: SV: QohSV: Qoheleth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Henry Churchyard <churchh AT usa.net>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FW: SV: QohSV: Qoheleth
  • Date: 6 Jun 2001 13:12:14 MDT

> From: Bearpecs AT aol.com
>> From: rdehoop AT keyaccess.nl writes:

>> In this case, however, only the literary Solomon is known to exist.

> Is anyone else reminded of that analysis of English source criticism:
> The plays of Shakespeare were not written by Shakespeare; they were
> written by someone else at that time with the same name.

There's a classical logical conundrum that goes something like this:
Suppose the only thing we know about Homer is that he wrote the Iliad.
Then what would it mean to say that "The Iliad wasn't written by Homer,
but by another man with the same name."?

;-)

--
Henry Churchyard churchh AT usa.net http://www.crossmyt.com/hc/