b-hebrew - Re: Biblical Humor

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Charles David Isbell" <cisbell AT home.com>
  • To: "Jonathan D. Safren" <yon_saf AT bezeqint.net>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Biblical Humor
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 18:17:43 -0600

When I was a freshman in college taking "The Bible As Literature," I read in
the old KJV that the wise men came to the inn and found "Joseph and Mary and
the babe lying in a manger." My remark that this must have been quite a
sizeable manger was not well received.

Then there is a clear rebuke to those televangelists who ride around in
expensive cars, despite the testimony that the disciples, humble men that
they were, "were all in one Accord."

Charles David Isbell