b-hebrew - Re: Biblical Humor

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "David Stabnow" <dstabno AT lifeway.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Biblical Humor
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:40:38 -0600

Sometimes if you put yourself into the Bible stories they are humorous
without making puns out of them. I remember hearing a comedian put himself
into the Jonah story:

So you're walking along the beach minding your own business, and all of a
sudden this big fish slides himself up on shore, pukes all over, and slides
back into the water. Out of the slime and fish parts and seaweed, a man
drags himself out, struggles, and stands up -- his clothes half digested, a
piece of seaweed stuck to the side of his face. He looks at you, coughs up
some seawater, clears his throat, and says, "Repent!" What would you do? I
know what I'd do: I'd repent!

Dave Stabnow