b-hebrew - Re: Question Concerning Inspiration

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Question Concerning Inspiration
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 11:07:38 -0700

Yeah, I know what I said...
> You miss the point, Dave. The text because it's value is not known cannot be
> used, so it doesn't matter how humorous you want to be, it won't change the
> fact that as evidence it is inadmissable. Try and get such "evidence" past a
> judge... "umm, your honour, I know we cannot say when this text was written,
> but, umm, I know it's relevant to this case."

The "court of law" argument is a common one and it's still a straw
man. Courtroom evidence and historical evidence are two very
different things that use two very different criteria, so this is
irrelevant. And now I'm really truly out of this discussion.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
violated." C. S. Lewis