b-hebrew - RE: Biblical Aramaic

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ray Clendenen" <rclende AT lifeway.com>
  • To: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Biblical Aramaic
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:47:12 -0600

<<I grew up on Jerusalmi, a textbook geared to the Aramaic texts of Ezra
and
Daniel.
It was published by HUC-JIR, Cincinnati, 1982. I don't know if it's still
in print, but it was very helpful. It walks you through the text.

Liz Fried>>

I agree completely. I wouldn't teach Biblical Aramaic without it. I happen
to have it on my desk right now. It was published in 1978, and I bought it
for $8.45, but I bet it's a lot more now if it's in print. I would use
Greenspahn as the main text, though.

Ray Clendenen