b-hebrew - Dating the Pentateuch, Madai is Persia ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter Mattfeld" <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Dating the Pentateuch, Madai is Persia ?
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 06:47:25 +0200

I would like to make a correction to my recent post on the Medes as another
name for the Persians as identified by J. Simons in 1954.

I had stated that I first shared my discovery of the genealogical connection
preserved by the Greek historians, Herodotus, Strabo and Diodoros Siculus,
in November of 1997. I was in error, it was 15 September 1997.

For those interested, the following URLS may be accessed for the original
presentations to the scholarly world:

http://www.umich.edu/~classics/archives/ane/ane.970915.17
http://www.umich.edu/~classics/archives/ane/ane.970920.16
http://www.umich.edu/~classics/archives/ane/ane.970921.06