b-hebrew - Re: Camel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Brian Sullivan" <navillusbpi AT primus.com.au>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: Re: Camel
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 4:5:0

Greetings to all (especially Harold and Jack)

Thankyou for your kind replies. It is encouraging to see that further
research has clarified this matter, but many a publication is still
purporting the previous view (hence my question - I dont have a great local
library).

Nevertheless, if I may extrapolate: I believe gamel is derived from a
similar sounding primary root [pardon my failure to correctly transliterate
it], meaning to treat a person, benefit or requite, serve yield etc.

Could other burden bearing animals be described in the same manner?

I hope this hypothetical speculation is not to far 'out of bounds' of the
groups policies.

Yours most sincerely,

Brian Sullivan

  • Camel, Brian Sullivan, 05/11/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Camel, Jack Kilmon, 05/11/2000
    • Camel, Harold R. Holmyard III, 05/11/2000
    • Re: Camel, Brian Sullivan, 01/29/2024