b-hebrew - Re: uncover that nakedness!! :-)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <parousia_occ AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Michael Miles <mwm AT zadok.net>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: uncover that nakedness!! :-)
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 21:53:20 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I am just commenting on the fact that
"uncovering someone's nakedness" is used to say "have
sexual relations with." Would you, then take "W:" to
be appositional (i.e., "You shall not uncover the
nakedness of your father, even the nakedness of your
mother...")? It would seem that such would make
sense, but would it be the natural reading? I don't
know. Just something to chew on. It could also be:
"You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father or
the nakedness of your mother", could it not?

¡¡Dios su mismo esté contigo y te bendiga!!

Jason Hare
parousia_occ AT yahoo.com