b-hebrew - Re: Transliteration

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: pule67 AT hotmail.com, b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Transliteration
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 19:36:24 EST

In a message dated 3/28/2000 5:13:06 PM Central Standard Time,
pule67 AT hotmail.com writes:

<<
I have just found this service and have enjoyed your arguments, but need
enlightenment on your transliteration. I was in my mid-60's when I first
started to learn Greek and Hebrew and, as I was not able to attend school to
do so, studied on my own and know I missed a lot. Your transliteration must
have been one of the things I missed, as the transliteration I learned was
nowere like the one you are using. >>

Blessings on you. You seem to be doing more than some seminary students do.
Since others have already sent you the transliteration scheme, there is only
one thing that I could possibly add. I downloaded the pages with the
transliteration scheme from the web

<A HREF="http://metalab.unc.edu/bhebrew/";>http://metalab.unc.edu/bhebrew/</A>
b-hebrew

<A HREF="http://metalab.unc.edu/bgreek/";>http://metalab.unc.edu/bgreek/</A>
b-greek

That way I can have the transliteration in a second browser window to refer
to if needed. Just switch by usinf alt-tab. Personally, I hate
transliterations -- one and all. This makes it a bit less painful. Of
course, you don't need to actually download the pages since you can launch a
second browser window and go to the site itself. I find it helpful, however,
if I want to compose something offline.

gfsomsel